PDF and Word are both popular document formats being used all across the globe. You must know that most people prefer using PDF format to store and share their documents with other people and this is because of many reasons. Some of the reasons to save or share your files in PDF are:
- PDF files have universal compatibility on every device so the recipient doesn’t have to worry about conversion or installing any software program for reading.
- These files are smaller in size as compared to other formats and this is because of their compact elements.
- PDF format cannot be edited because of its portable nature. This makes the format best for sharing information which you don’t want to be edited.
- Also know that you can easily lock a PDF file with a pass code. It is impossible to add encryptions to Word or any other file format.
- Another important benefit of using PDF format is that you can reduce its size without compromising the data or its format. You can use PDF compressor tools to shrink the size of a file.
All of these benefits are promising for the use of PDF format but you must also know that there are also some cons of this format which is why users are always in search of the reliable solutions to convert PDF to word.
One of the most major drawbacks of PDF is its uneditable nature. If you have saved a PDF file and later on found out that it has errors in it then there is no way to edit the file without changing it to word or other editable format. In the past there was no method to edit a PDF file and users had to type down all the contents of the file again in Word or Docs which was both time and effort consuming.
But today you don’t have to worry about changing PDF files to MS Word. In the section below we have discussed some of the best ways using which you can convert a PDF file to word format without much effort and in a very short time.
Popular Ways To Change PDF to MS Word
Here we have discussed the top ways to convert PDF to word in less than minutes.
1. Convert PDF to Word by using MS Word
First method to convert PDF to word is with the very interface of MS word. Yes you read it right; you can easily change a PDF file back to word if you are using the latest version of MS Word. This feature is available with MS Word 2013 and later versions.
- Open Word on your device.
- From the ribbon you need to open the FILE menu.
- In this menu you are going to see the open option.
- You have to click on the OPEN option and you would see a list open up right in front of you.
- From the list you need to select the PDF file that you want to open.
- You can pick the PDF file from the recent documents or you can also drag a file from your local storage file.
- Once you select the file, Word would ask your permission to create a copy of the document in Word format.
- You have to enable the grant permission and within seconds a Word file would be created.
- You can edit and save it on your device.
2. Convert PDF to Word With Online Converter Tools
Now if you have a large bulk of PDF files that you want to change to Word and that too in a short amount of time then you must use an online PDF to word converter tool. There are dozens of free PDF converter online tools that you can find on the internet these days.
- All you have to do is open the best PDF converter on your browser and upload the PDF files on the tool.
- You can upload PDF files from your local storage or you can also drag and drop them from your cloud storage spaces.
- Once you enter the PDF file all you have to do is click on the ‘convert to Word’ button and wait for the conversion.
- The tool would convert PDF to word within fractions of seconds without compromising the format of the original file.
- You can download the Word file from the tool for free!
3. Convert PDF to Word using Google DOCs
A less popular but very interesting way of converting PDF to word is with the help of Google docs. Over the past few years we have seen significant improvements and updates in Google docs and today you can use this utility not only for writing documents but also for sophisticated editing, markups and formatting. You can also use this tool to change a PDF file to word quite easily. The process is quite simple and straightforward.
- First you need to open a blank Google document with Google drive.
- On the document you are going to see the FILE button.
- You need to click this button and use the open option.
- You can also press CTRL+O as a shortcut.
- A new window would open up in which you would have to select a file from your device that you want to open.
- You have to select the PDF file that you want to change to word.
- Google docs would open the PDF file in the docx version.
- You can make a copy of the document and download it in MS Word format within seconds.
4. Convert PDF to Word with the help of Adobe Acrobat
Adobe is the very platform which came up with the concept of PDF so it is likely that you are going to find different PDF related features and options on this program. If you are using the premium version of Adobe Acrobat then you can easily use its editing features.
Still if you want to convert PDF to word then you need to check out the export PDF options on Adobe. In this menu you are going to find different options but you need to select MS Word from the list. After selecting your desired MS Word version you need to click on the export button. You would get a new word file on your device. This option is viable for users who can afford the paid version. But know that the conversions made by Adobe are quite accurate and reliable!
These are the best ways to convert PDF to Word with ease!
- How to Convert Excel to vCard on Mac OS- A Quick Guide
- Converting SVG Images to Different Formats Using Image Converter