Apple TV is a streaming service from Apple featuring exclusive Apple Original shows and movies. Today, it has become the center of the entertainment system of so many Apple users. Have an Apple TV that is not connected to the internet, or have you lost your Apple TV remote? Wondering how to control your Apple TV now?
In this article, you will learn how to connect Apple TV to WiFi without a remote to enjoy your favorite entertaining show or movie.
Download Apple TV Remote App
The app is the best alternative to the Apple TV remote as it allows users to control their TV units without using the remote. You can even connect your Apple TV to WiFi using the app. iPhone, or iPad users can locate this app automatically on the Control Center. However, if you don’t find this, then navigate to Settings and then Control Center.
How to Connect Apple TV to WiFi Without Remote Follow These Steps
- Find the Apple TV Remote.
- Click the green plus sign on the left side.
- It will show the Apple TV Remote app and use it to play videos or loop videos on YouTube.
- Note: If you are not an avid user, learn how to loop videos on YouTube or how to use the app to control settings. Alternatively, connect one end of the Ethernet cable to Apple TV’s back and the other end to a WiFi router.
- Open the Apple TV Remote app on your iPhone and tap ‘Choose a TV’ on the screen’s top-middle.
- Click Apple TV from the given list and use your iPhone as a trackpad after establishing the connection.
- Now, head to Settings, click Network, and then choose WiFi using your iPhone.
- Finally, connect to the WiFi connection and start using your Apple TV.
Use iPhone as A Remote Control
Another way is to use your iPhone as a remote control for Apple TV. Note that this method is useful only if your iPhone runs iOS 12 or later versions. You can also use this method for iPad having iPadOS 13 or later versions. However, the procedure remains the same for both devices.
- Start this process by opening the control center of the iPhone and finding the Apple TV Remote Control.
- Alternatively, go to Settings and then Control Center.
- Press the ‘+’ icon in the Customize Control menu to add Apple TV Remote.
- Swipe up to open the control center and hit the Remote icon to open the Apple TV Remote app.
If Apple TV is switched off, use Ethernet to connect it to the internet and then switch it on again. Use this app on your iPhone and access Settings. Next, hit Network and then WiFi. Choose the WiFi network and enter the valid password.
Use Universal Remote Control
This method works best when using your Apple TV with a Smart TV. But, you can also use it if you don’t have a Smart TV because you can use its remote control having navigation keys. This remote control can be used effectively with Apple TV.
- First, you need to use your iPhone for this method of control.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to Apple TV and turn it ON.
- Head to Settings, select General, and click Remote using Apple TV Remote App.
- Click Learn Remote in Other Remotes in the Remote sub-menu.
- Now, tap the Start button. Move the TV remote towards your Apple TV.
- Press and hold the corresponding button and release it when the progress bar completes.
- Do the same for all navigation buttons.
- Then, give an appropriate name to the new remote.
- Disconnect the cable and connect to WiFi.
- Click Settings, tap General, and select Network.
- Finally, follow the on-screen instructions to continue.
Connect A BlueTooth Keyboard
If you have a BlueTooth Keyboard, you can use it with your Apple TV. But, to use this way, you have to factory restore your Apple TV. So, back up your vital data because it will erase all your information on your device.
- To use this method, switch on your Apple TV and BlueTooth Keyboard as well.
- Next, access Settings, Remote, and Device, and then BlueTooth on Apple TV.
- Put the keyboard on Apple TV.
- Choose your keyboard from the available list of detected BlueTooth devices and enter the code you receive on the screen for pairing.
- Once the pairing is done successfully, connect your Apple TV to your WiFi network via BlueTooth Keyboard using the arrow and return keys.
- Alternatively, you can use the keyboard of your Mac using the Typeeto app if you don’t have a BlueTooth Keyboard.
- Now, you can use the BlueTooth Keyboard.
OTT (over the top) and streaming services are the most popular trend for watching TV shows and movies. Apple TV is the latest and most demanded digital media player/device that connects TV to access several OTT platforms. You can use it via the Apple TV remote.
However, if you don’t have this remote, you don’t need to worry about how to connect Apple TV to WiFi without remote. Instead, you can simply opt for the methods mentioned above.